Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Starboard Wing Deck and more

I cut the new wing beam down to the correct size, put a couple of coats of epoxy on it and installed the starboard wing deck without any fuss.

I clipped out the zip ties and finished filleting the gap between the sloping deck and the wing deck. Once everything dried I went through and removed all staples that I had used to hold the decks in place while they where setting up. That ended up scarring the wood a little bit around the staples as I had to somewhat dig them out. No worries though since there will be no bright work on the deck and I used a little epoxy filleting material to fill in the holes!

I also went ahead and started to sand down the fillets that along the deck/sloping deck interface and also the upper deck to start getting it prepped for the installation of the fiberglass tape along the two deck seams. I am spending a little time on this since this is going to be visible and I don't want void under the fiberglass tape. I also added some extra filleting material to the rear starboard portion of the stern transom to fix a small issue of "Squareness"

Tomorrow it will be time to sand some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment