Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Sunday, October 10, 2010

First Coat of expoxy

Cathy and I spent a couple of hours getting the first coat of laminating epoxy on the inside of the hull and the bottom of the main deck panel. I mixed batch after batch of epoxy and she used a small foam roller to epoxy the inside of the hull. After she got the bottom of the hull and sides epoxied she used the roller to epoxy the back bone and bulkheads while I used the brush behind her to catch the areas she couldn't reach and also to make sure that the bottom of the deck cleats got a coat of epoxy also. Took a little longer than anticipated plus the weather is back on a warming trend! Again my wife ROCKS!

The inside of the boat looks a lot more uniform with everything epoxied. One more coat to go before I start joining the deck to the hull!




No comments:

Post a Comment