Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Friday, October 8, 2010

My wife is a saint!


Well I convinced my wife once more to give up her coveted parking spot in the garage for a few weeks so I could get going on the boat again. Sunday I set the boat cradle back up and with the help of my wife took the boat down from the garage ceiling and got back in business!

1st step is to get the last 45 degree wing supports installed. This was something I was dreading at first, but turned out to be pretty easy. I got the slots cut out, the supports glued in and while I was at it I also glued in a couple of missing cleats on the bulkheads.

The plan for the weekend is to make sure the deck lays completely flat by sanding the cleats on the bulkheads then it will be time to give the interior of the hull a good sanding and give it two coats of epoxy along with the bottom of the deck. This will get it ready for joining the deck to the hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment