Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Friday, October 15, 2010

Sloping deck and stern mound


Today I installed the starboard sloping deck panel. I decided to do the starboard & port side separately since I wanted to make sure that the wing beams where correctly lined up prior to the installation, and I only had the one piece of straight poplar that was long enough to do the job. Nothing to exciting to report as it actually was pretty straight forward. I drilled matching holes on the deck / sloping deck panel and loosely zip tied them together ahead of time.



I applied a good coat of epoxy on the bulkheadsand stringers and then laid the deck on it. I stapled the panel onto the stringers and cleats, and then tightened up the zip ties. Tomorrow I will do the port side.




Since I had plenty of time I also went ahead and started work on the stern mound. It took a little sanding to get everything lined up, but it should look pretty good. I guess those scuba weights can come in handy once in a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment