Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Monday, November 1, 2010

Port side wing

Yesterday I attached the port side wing edge frame and let it set up overnight. I had to do some minor trimming to the wing beams so that everything would line up properly. Prior to epoxying the leading edge I went ahead and fitted the lower wing panel to make sure everything was kosher.


This afternoon, after work, I took the clamps off and attached the wing leading edge. I did not have any clamps that where deep enough so grip the back end of the leading edge so I clamped it to the hull. I later noticed that this did not work the best since it caused the leading edge to slip a bit. It wont be the end of the world, but I did stop by Home Depot and bought some deeper clamps for when I do the starboard side. I also made a piece for the back end of the wing to account for the gap created between the wing deck and the 45 degree beam coming out of the stern transom.



Tomorrow I will go ahead and fillet the seam between the hull and the wing deck and start working on the starboard wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment