Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Its Got Wings!

This afternoon I came home early to vote, which left me plenty of time to get the starboard wing sorted out. Of course after doing the port side wing ahead of time, it took literally took half the time to get it all fitted trimmed and ready to go. As you can see I went ahead and glued everything up at once and I forgoed the two part process that I did previously.  I also added a couple of extra clamps that I had purchased to the leading edge.

Starboard Side all Clamped Up

It's Got Wings!

Tomorrow I'll get the whole thing filleted in place and start working on applying the two coats of epoxy to the inner parts of the wings, and the inside part of the bottom wing skins.

Looks like I will meet my goal of having the wings done by the end of next week. On Nov 15th I have knee surgery which will stop this project in it's tracks for 6 weeks! Therefore, I am trying to get the hull to a point where I can hang it back up on the roof so my wife can park her car while I am not working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment