Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Monday, November 8, 2010

Daggerboard Revisited

I finally got the daggerboard back out and started attacking the trailing edge. Pretty much the same program as the rudders but double the size and double the effort!


I finally figured out that I was better off using the hand plane to get it as close as possible versus getting it in the ballpark and finishing it up with the belt sander. I also have started to be a lot more confident with the belt sander and not being afraid to use it and sand off too much. Of course you always learn these lessons at the end of the project. Would have been handy to know up front! I guess it will come in handy when shaping the rudders / keel on the next boat.

I took a picture of the rudder and daggerboard together for a perspective!


Next step will be to do some fine sanding and fiberglass these up. I'll get to that later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment