Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Filling the Holes


Boat was put on hold over the weekend as we went down to Mexico for a nice relaxing trip! (As you can see the Kayaks have yet to be put away!). Interestingly enough while we were down there somebody had a Laser out in the ocean - Definitely made me look forward to completing this project and taking it sailing!
Between last week and this week I removed the zip ties from boat. It as a fairly easy process with the exception of the two zip ties at the forefoot of the bow that did not want to come off. One of them will most likely be ground off when the bow gets rounded. The other I just filled in with fillet material. I did find that the fillet material has a definite working time until the container gets super hot (as in literally smoking hot) and becomes toast. It took 2 batches to fill in all the holes - I made the 2nd batch slightly smaller and spread the fillet material in a thin layer around the inside of the cup so avoid excessive heat build up - That seemed to work. I anticipate one more time with the fillet material to fill in any other small craters after I sand the bumps of this coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment