Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Let's Start This Project!


Finally started the project today!

I built the frame from 2x4's and went ahead and linked them together. I will create the cross braces out of the back sheet of plywood that shipped with the kit. I decided to forgo the wooden saw horses since I already have metal ones. I guess I will not be screwing these down! I may add some wood strips to the bottom of the frame to prevent it from sliding around on the horses - We will see if they are needed!.

I had to spend some quality time with the backbone support piece and the joiner in order to get a somewhat straight surface.

I also extracted the frames, backbone, transom, transom doubler and dagger board casings from the plywood sheets. Based on the thinness I used a small panel saw vs. a Jig Saw. As you can see the bottom of Manana makes a nice storage area for the balance of the plywood sheets!

Next up is cleaning up all the pieces I extracted including removing the inner portions. Also I need to cut the kerf in the backbone support.

No comments:

Post a Comment