Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 2


I feel like I made some progress today! Last night before going to bed I had my first experience using the epoxy glue. Pretty viscous stuff! Went ahead and glued the Transom doubler to the Transom. All those bottles of full epoxy are good for something!

Today I finished cutting, trimming and sanding all the pieces. I also finished the frame and front backbone support. I have all the different bulkheads fit into their respect slots on the backbone. I also extracted the dagger board panels, and corresponding support frames. It's beginning to look like a boat! It's worth noting that the laser on the Miter saw comes in handy when you are trying to figure out non standard angles. Just fire up the saw compare the angle on the laser to the one drawn. Release the trigger, adjust and try again. Once the line lines up with what you drew on the lumber you are good to go!

This whole project reminds me of building the balsa wood airplanes when I was a kid.. except on a bigger scale! Off to work tomorrow - might get something gluing done tomorrow PM

No comments:

Post a Comment