Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 3

Got off work today at around 1:00 and decided to put some more time in on the boat! Today I cranked out the thickness planer and got my stringer stock to 12mm. Cathy helped me rip 6 of these 12mm x 12mm stringers from an 8' piece. Took a little bit of thinking to get the 6:1 angle for the scarf sorted out on the miter saw but as you can see by the picture I figured it out!

I went ahead and glued up the dagger board rails to the backbone and also glued up the strips to the dagger board casing. The rear transom is also glued on at this time.

Had quite the interesting experience with the epoxy this evening. I learned that you cannot let the stuff sit too long in the container before it heats up and turns to crap. Looks like you are better off applying the epoxy to all the parts and then going back and fitting. I spent too much time messing around with the dagger board casings so that when I got around to the other items I wanted to glue up, the whole thing was toast and had to mix another batch. Live and Learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment