Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gunwales

I started today by getting the cedar portion of the port side gunwale epoxied into place, after which I used the thickness planer to get the poplar board to 10mm and cut it into two 32mm wide planks.

While the port side is set up I cut the slot for the wingtip into the poplar plank. Based on my only "adequate" results that I got with the inside cedar planks I decided to try something different to insure a perfect fit against the wing tips. After some head scratching I came up with a perfect solution: Use some of my adhesive backed roll of 80 grit sand paper and put it up along the wing. I then proceeded to sand the opening in the same plane as it was going to be installed and it made a great fit!



I finished today by epoxying the poplar piece in place. Tomorrow I'll finish up the port side and start working on the installation of the cross structure which supports the mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment