Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Monday, February 3, 2014

More Fairing

The first coat of primer on the hull gave a pretty good indication on what areas needed some TLC. I wanted to make sure that the chines were somewhat consistent so I went ahead and added a bead of fairing material to areas that looked like they needed some help. It was also readily apparent that I did not get enough fairing material on a couple of the joint areas so I went ahead and added some material to those areas also.









It is worth noting that it was a good idea adding a coat of primer before proceeding with this fairing step - It really allowed for some "sacrificial" sanding material so that in the process of  sanding down the fairing compound I would not "break through" the laminating epoxy.

Next step is to add another coat of primer and see how it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment