Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Sunday, March 24, 2013

First Coat of Primer!

Last weekend I applies fairing epoxy to all of the low spots etc that I had on the deck, and I followed up this weekend by sanding the excess material off and getting the deck finalized for applying its first coat of primer.

I am using Interlux two part epoxy primer called Primekote. Prior to taping all the bright work I wiped the deck down with the recommended solvent to make sure there was no oils etc that would interfere with a good bond.

I used a roller to paint the bulk of the deck, and a brush to get in some of the tight places and the bottom of the cross deck. I must admit that the bottom of the cross deck has lots of nooks and crannies that are hard to get to!



After I was done with the first coat I took the tape off to make sure that it did not stick on permanently once the epoxy primer dries. I have always had less than good luck with painters tape being a pain to take off so I decided to take no chances.



The deck definitely needs a second coat but it is good to see some paint on the boat! I am hoping that I can get a second coat on this week, but realistically it will be next weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment