Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Holy Mast Batman!

It occurred to me that I should do a quick test fit of the mast on the boat before I got too carried away doing the final sanding and finishing on the mast. So, today my wife and I took the hull down from the ceiling and parked it in our driveway. After some sanding on both the mast and the mast holder everything went in and looked good! The picture does not do justice the fact that the mast is towering over the hull and it does not even include the additional five feet of top mast!


As part of the fitting process I checked that the mast was square both fore and aft and port/starboard. Amazingly enough everything was perfect!

I now have the mast set up on the saw horses to start the final sanding process

No comments:

Post a Comment