Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Finishing the Lower Mast

Spent some quality time this afternoon working on the finish sanding of the lower mast and getting it ready for epoxy. I went ahead and ordered a few Tyvex suits for the upcoming painting of the hull and decided to wear one while sanding to prevent being covered in a mixture of wood and epoxy dust. The picture kind of reminds me of the old Intel commercial! All that was missing was a little "Play that funky music white boy!"



While I was sanding the mast I paid special attention to sanding the sail track to prevent any small burrs caused by the saw from catching on the sail. I also wanted a smooth surface where I could add epoxy over.

Ready for epoxy!


What is not shown is that I let it sit for a couple of hours to let all the dust settle in the garage and managed to put a coat of epoxy on it. My goal is to put two more coats between today and Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment