Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spinnaker Guide Beam part 2

After letting the laminated beam set up for three days I finally unclamped the whole thing off the bow. Interestingly enough the whole thing sprung up a little once unclamped! I used the miter saw to chop off some of the excess and then ran it through the joiner to clean up the extra epoxy and even everything up. I also kept a small portion of the extra laminated beam which I will use for the triangle knee joint that will be required on the forward port side.


I also took the opportunity to do a little filleting. I went ahead an filleted both mast steps and the bowsprit support.


I also decided to fillet the deck doublers for a couple of reasons. Firstly to smooth out the transition from the deck to the doubler, and secondly (and the main reason) to hide some of the extra epoxy that had seeped out during the epoxying process that I had not noticed and cleaned up due to having a whole bunch of stuff on top of them to weight them down!



It should look pretty good after all is done.

Next steps will be to cut the rabbits into the gunwale, finish the beam and epoxy it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment