Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cleats are Done!


Well, as predicted the deck cleats turned into quite the lengthy process of not only cutting them but also gluing them on. Based on the number of clamps I had, and the fact that gluing them to the bulkheads was difficult at best due to the 45 degree angles, I ended up going through 4 different gluing sessions to get them all done. Tonight was the last one! Prior to each glue up I dry fitted every piece with the clamps on to anticipate any issues. I'm glad I did this since it made the gluing process a lot easier by allowing me to resolve any challenges prior to applying the glue! It is pretty amazing the stiffness that the cleats have added to the bulkheads!

This weekend I also figured out where to hang the boat from the garage ceiling. My wife will be very happy to have the boat out of the way and her car in the garage on the off days that I'm not working on the boat!

Next step - the wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment