Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Let's get back to the Hull

Well when the weather is conducive to both sailing and building a boat.. well sometime sailing has to take first place! A fabulous week @ Lake Havasu sailing and a corresponding weekend of both preparing prior and the cleaning up afterwards means that the Paper Jet has been sitting still for the last 3 weeks!

Prior to going on vacation I got the mast put up on the ceiling to keep it out of harms way. I figured it would not be a good idea to keep it in the mast jig on the floor anymore since was pretty much in harms way!



This morning I took apart the mast jig and cut it down to size so that it could act as supports for the saw horses for when I have the boat turned upside down. I also stapled some carpet strips I had to one of them and threw a couple of rugs on the other one to prevent them from scuffing up the hull now that I am entering the finishing process.

Today's plan was pretty simple. Firstly I wanted to clean up the wing caps and add a quarter round to them using the router.



Secondly I wanted to clean up the bottom of the gunwales and also add a quarter round to them also!



Finally I wanted to start the sanding process on the hull. My goal is to get the hull prepped, sanded and 3 coats of epoxy added prior to flipping it over and doing the same with the deck.


I finished sanding half the hull today, tomorrow I will tackle the other half!

No comments:

Post a Comment