Paper Jet 14

Paper Jet 14
Hull#001 Built by Dudley Dix

Friday, May 14, 2010

Fillets, Fillets, and did I Say Fillets?

Well I have been somewhat busy adding the fillets to all the bulkheads and stringers on the inside of the hull. This was a fairly monotonous task especially since it required mixing up new batches of fillet material on a regular basis. I took a suggestion from another Paper Jet 14 builder and put the material in a zip lock sandwich bag which helped immensely with the application process.

I also went ahead and fiberglass taped the inside of all the chines of the boat and cut out the compression posts for the mast and glued them in place. I wanted to get this done prior to adding the last fillets on the back bone in this area that way the posts would lay flat against the bottom of the hull. Just need to fillet this area and fill in a couple of holes and it's time to flip the hull so that I can add fiberglass tape to all the outside seams!

No comments:

Post a Comment